The literature on anarcho-capitalism is surprisingly vast.
An annotated bibliography by Hans-Hermann Hoppe.
- Links to Anarcho-Capitalist sites:
- http://www.buildfreedom.com/ft/anarcho-capitalism.htm containing:
- Against Politics - Recources on market anarchism and contractarianism.
- The Agorist Institute - Foundation for research and study of counter-economics
- Anarchism and "anarcho"-capitalism - This appendix exists for one reason, namely to explain why the the idea of "anarcho"-capitalism is a bogus one
- Anarchist Theory FAQ by Bryan Caplan (everyone should read this)
- Anarcho-Capitalism - or why government should not be in the business of business...
- Anarcho-capitalism explained - Montgomery Cattlemen's Association
- AnarchoCyberSludge - Americans are realizing that government doesn’t work...
- Barterfest - Online barter exchange with mixed deals, offer managment systems, reputations, shops, barter currency, and promotions. At Barterfest it's free to join, list, and trade.
- Bastiat Free University - Thirst for integrated knowledge, accompanied by action, is the essence of a renaissance education. Knowledge raises questions that ignite a further search for answers. You do it for yourself. If you are of a rebellious nature, good!
- Brief explanation of anarcho capitalism from James's Liberty file collection
- Capital Opinion - A weekly anarcho-capitalist libertarian column focusing on the issues of the day. Includes a complete column archive, libertarian and good-life links.
- Noam Chomsky on Anarcho-Capitalism - [It] would lead to forms of tyranny and oppression that have few counterparts in human history
- Codex of Honest Honesty - A compendium devoted to libertarian anarcho-capitalism.
- Controversies - Link portal database to education related, youth activism, libertarian, anarchism, news, links
- cuthhyra - Anarcho-Capitalism Politics - Resource promoting liberty & freedom through free market anarchy, including essays, humour, links and much more!
- Cyphernomicon - Privately produced law, polycentric law, anarcho-capitalism
- Free State Project - A plan in which 20,000 or more liberty-oriented people will move to a single state of the U.S. to secure there a free society.
- Free West Net - Liberty's New Frontier - Free West Net is a voluntary association of individuals who come together to complete a common mission; to establish our natural rights, to engineer our own freedom, and build a free civilization, where all humans are able to live in liberty and peace
- David Friedman - The anarchist-anachronist-economist's homepage
- Government Addicts Anonymous - For those who've kicked the addiction
- Grim Nexus - a goldmine of information about Anarcho-Capitalism as a way of life!
- Individualist Anarchist Society - Anarcho-capitalist student group from Berkeley
- Is "anarcho"-capitalism a type of anarchism? - Anarchist Theory FAQ
- Las Portadas - A site which stresses capitalist economic and educational functions, not ideology and persuasion.
- Libertarian Underground - Forum, news and commentary from a libertarian perspective
- Nikutai to Kageboushi - A personal website for Zen Buddhism, libertarian [against socialism] politics, anarcho-capitalist economics, and culture. Including a variety of essays and link-based guides to further reading.
- NoSacredCows - Sacred cows make the best hamburger
- The Rational Anarchist - The premier Canadian libertarian web site
- Siberspace.net - Message board dedicated to the uncensored discussion of politics.
- Lysander Spooner - The life, history, scholarship, and influence of this profound Nineteenth-Century lawyer, abolitionist, entrepreneur, legal theorist and political radical
- SUPREME COURT OF COMMON HORSE SENSE - A spoof of the U. S. Supreme Court with a ruling on Hillary Clinton,among other humorous comments. Delcared \
- The Voluntaryist by Carl Watner
- What is an Anarcho-Capitalist?
- dmoz Open Directory Project
- Google Web Directory
- An Interview with David Friedman
- Anarcho-Capitalism Source Page
On-going Development/Discussion of Anarcho-Capitalist Theory
- Lew Rockwell.com
- (Out of date as of 2009 -- see: www.isil.org
When this webpage was first created nearly a decade ago, a search on Amazon.com produced only the following:
Freedom, Society, and the State : An Investigation into the Possibility of Society Without Government
by David Osterfeld
Du libâeralisme áa l'anarcho-capitalisme
by Pierre Lemieux
by Hans Jµger
Now Amazon.com has more to offer. See these lists:
Additional resources (from http://www.anarchism.net/resources.asp?Type=1 )
- Bruce L. Benson, The Enterprise of Law, San Francisco: Pacific Research Institute for Public Policy, 1990;
- Robert C. Ellickson, Order Without Law: How Neighbors Settle Disputes, Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1991;
- David Friedman, The Machinery of Freedom: Guide to a Radical Capitalism, La Salle: Open Court, 1989 (2nd ed.);
- Harrington, Christine B., Shadow Justice: The Ideology and Institutionalization of Alternatives to Court (Contributions in Political Science, No. 133), Westport, CN: Greenwood Press, 1985.
- Bruno Leoni, Freedom and the Law, Indianapolis: Liberty Fund, 1991 (3rd ed.);
- J. Roland Pennock and John W. Chapman, eds., Anarchism (Nomos XIX, Yearbook of the American Society for Political and Legal Philosophy), NY: New York University Press, 1978;
- J. Roland Pennock and John W. Chapman, eds., Voluntary Associations (Nomos XI, Yearbook of the American Society for Political and Legal Philosophy), NY: Atherton Press, 1969.
- Murray Rothbard, For a New Liberty, New York: Collier Books, 1978;
- Morris and Linda Tannehill, The Market for Liberty, New York: Laissez Faire Books, 1984;
Nobel Prize-winning free-market economist F.A. Hayek was also a defender of what he called “spontaneous order.” See generally, his The Mirage of Social Justice, volume II of Law, Legislation, and Liberty, published by the University of Chicago Press, 1976. See also J. Birner, ed., Hayek: Co-Ordination and Evolution, 1994.
Unfortunately, Christians have not frequently spoken in defense of “anarchism.” One exception is Jacques Ellul, Professor of Law at the University of Bordeaux, France, in Anarchy and Christianity Grand Rapids: Eerdmans (1988).
Works by Murray Rothbard and Bruce Benson are particularly recommended.
Here is a bibliography of Books on Liberty from an anarcho-capitalist website which logically leads to anarcho-capitalism even though most of the authors were not themselves anarcho-capitalists:
The Myth of 'Limited Government'
Joseph Sobran on the State and Hans-Hermann Hoppe.
Born To Be a Paleolibertarian
Brad Edmonds on anarcho-capitalism and cultural conservatism.
More articles from Rockwell.com on anarcho-capitalism
It should be noted, however, that the purpose of our thesis is not to defend the proposition that national defense, utilities, or arbitration of disputes can be more efficiently handled by private agencies. These are pragmatic or utilitarian considerations. Our focus is more theological: whether abolition of the State is an ethically viable option from a Biblical perspective.
The Christmas Conspiracy
Vine & Fig Tree
Vine & Fig Tree
12314 Palm Dr. #107
Desert Hot Springs, CA 92240
[e-mail to V&FT]
[V&FT Home Page]