|you have put off the old man
with his deeds, and have put on the new man who is
renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him,
"Look to Abraham your
father, And to Sarah who bore you; For I called him alone, And blessed him and increased
I am a new man in Christ
I am a son of the Patriarch Abraham
God is Making Me More
- n. [Sax. treowth, truth, and troth; G. treue; D. getrouwheid,
fidelity, from trouw, trust, faith, fidelity, whence trouwen, to marry
1. Conformity to fact or reality; exact accordance with that which is, or has been, or
shall be. The truth of history constitutes its whole value. We rely on the truth
of the scriptural prophecies
- My mouth shall speak truth. Prov. viii.
Sanctify them through thy truth; thy word is truth. John xvii.
- 2. True state of facts or things. The duty of a court of justice is to discover the truth.
Witnesses are sworn to declare the truth, the whole truth, and nothing
but the truth.
3. Conformity of words to thoughts, which is called moral truth.
- Shall truth fail to keep her word? --Milton.
- 4. Veracity; purity from falsehood; practice of speaking truth; habitual disposition to
seek truth; as when we say, a man is a man of truth.
7. Honesty; virtue.
- It must appear
That malice bears down truth.
- 10. Sincerity
- God is a spirit, and they that worship him must worship in spirit and in truth.
- 11. The truth of God, is his veracity and faithfulness. Ps. lxxi.
- Or his revealed will.
I have walked in thy truth. Ps. xxvi.
- 12. Jesus Christ is called the truth. John xiv
13. It is sometimes used by way of concessions.
- She said, truth, Lord; yet the dogs eat of the crums -- Matt. xv.
That is, it is a truth; what you have said, I admit to be true
- In truth, in reality; in fact.
- Of a truth, in reality; certainly.
- To do truth, is to practice what God commands. John iii.
||just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the
world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us
to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,
-- Ephesians 1:4-5
O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day. --